Hi how are all? How was your week? Mine was and still is full of trusting God for my mums salvation and healing. Do you have a parent you are believing God to touch? It is hard sometimes to trust as in the natural we cannot see what is happening as it is occurring “behind the scenes” in the spiritual. Because we can’t see – we think nothings happening. But God is always working.
Back to the message for this week. The last couple of times we have talked about how we build our foundations and how we build the walls. This time I want to look at how we fill the cracks in those walls. In the natural they use mortar or cement or something similar. But how do we make sure our walls stay up when the battering from the enemy starts? I believe we do it by walking in the fruit of the Spirit.
These are found in Galatians 5:22-23. These verses in the New King James Bible state:
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. There is no law against these things.
It is the fruit in our lives that fills in the cracks and keeps the walls standing up straight.
- It is our love for God and others that are our only commandments to keep.
- It is the joy in our life from God that gives us strength.
- It is the peace of Jesus that passes all of our understanding.
- It is the patience that enables us to stand when troubles come.
- It is the kindness of God in our lives that leads people to repentance.
- It is the goodness of God that keeps us following Him.
- It is the faithfulness that makes us stand on our faith because without it we can’t please God
- It is the gentleness of the Holy Spirit in our lives Who is our comforter and counsellor
- It is self -control that when we have obeyed God and stood in faith, we continue to stand.
These are the cement in the cracks that hold us up every day. This is what we build our attitudes around. Without these, our walls would crumble because all of these are tied to love and God is love.
This week practice one of these in your lives and see how easily your walls remain standing. As a bonus, you may just touch somebody else’s life for Jesus.
Have a blessed week and keep living the life God intended for you.
Bless you heaps