Happy new year! For the next couple of days, there will be a post daily. I haven’t written much since before Christmas and now I have a lot to share. Between Christmas with family and going to the beach for holidays, I have been relaxing. But it is now time to start a new year. Before, we do, I want to reflect on 2018.
In our church, we have a new word for each year that we are believing God to outwork in our lives. For 2018, that word was deeper. See my post Time to experience God. Deeper for me was going deeper in God – feeling the presence of God more, having a closer relationship with Him etc. My thoughts were not on the word brave. God told me that to go deeper, I needed to be braver. So I was. What are some of those brave things I did. They were:
- Going on a ride at a theme park
- Going to the movies for the first time in 20 years – I have now been 3 times in one year
- Flying to another city for a women’s conference with friends not my husband
- Playing Mary the mother of Jesus in the Easter play and having to be at the cross – I can’t even watch that scene.
- Going to China
- Going to Cambodia on a mission trip – this involved sitting in an airplane by myself and having a hotel room by myself. I also went with people I didn’t know. How brave is that.
You may not think these things are brave but they were for me.
What brave things have you done?
Through all of it, I had to remember 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. I also had to remember that God will never leave me nor forsake me.
When I was on the plane, God spoke a word in my heart that said underneath you are my everlasting arms.
When we are being brave, we need to remember that being brave does not mean doing it alone. It means doing it knowing God is with us.
So what is your reflection from last year. I would love to hear it.
So for this year, another 365 day journey is coming. I am not sure yet how God will lead me this year but I know that it will be in ways that make me closer to Him and grow stronger in my faith – because that’s how we please God.
Have a great day, see you tomorrow and keep living the life God intended for yo.