Hi how are you all today? I am good and currently on a mini break as it is a long weekend in my state. The weather is cooling down but that didn’t stop me swimming in the pool. It was so nice.
As I was sitting on the balcony yesterday and today, I look out not only over the ocean but also very tall Norfolk pine trees. Yesterday we saw an eagle land on the top of one of them and I noticed a nest high up in the tree. God reminded me of the phrase where are you building?
We know the parable of the wise and foolish person building their house on the rock or the sand. But I believe God doesn’t want us to only look at the foundation of our house (our beliefs and faith) but also where we are building.
If an eagle builds their nest too close to the ground, the following can happen:
1. The nest is unprotected
2. The eagle needs to be too close to the ground and away from its natural habitat which is high.
3. The eagle can’t see their food source easily if they are in the nest looking after the eggs/ babies.
4. The baby eagles don’t get used to being in a high environment.
Can you see the parallels with our lives? Down in the ground and in the dirt-
- We can’t see very far and miss our future
- There is too much negativity
- We aren’t protected
- We aren’t in the proper environment to grow
The verse in Isaiah 40 in the Message Bible states:
Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, “Godhas lost track of me. He doesn’t care what happens to me”? Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening? God doesn’t come and go. God lasts. He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.
This is where God wants us to live – in the heights. Another verse says seated in heavenly places. What does seated here look like:
1. An amazing vision – can see far away.
2. Perspective – can see the big picture
3. Words of faith- can see the problem and the solution
4. Can see how little we are and how big God is and how important people are to God
5. Can see our enemy coming
So my question for all of us today is where are we building our lives? On the ground with the chickens or high up like the eagles.
In these days we are living in, we need the wisdom and perspective of the world from Gods point of view and not ours. Jesus is coming soon but first He needs to reveal His sons and daughters. Will you build up so the world can see Jesus in you? Now is not the time to hide.
Have a great week and keep living the life God intended for you.