Hi how are you all? I missed writing my blog last week so this week I will be posting two. How is your country going with the lockdowns? Mine is slowly coming out. Tomorrow 20 people are allowed to gather in homes, restaurants etc and we have unlimited driving within our State. So, we are on our way out which gives us all hope that this pestilence will soon be over. Yeah!
In this blog, I want to explore the fact that miracles occur starting with small details. What do I mean by that? Well, generally when we think of a miracle, we think it is this big thing that God does, and it is, but we neglect to look at how the miracle started. Sometimes, we think that our needs are small or insignificant and as such, they don’t warrant a miracle from God.
What does miracle even mean? A miracle in the Oxford dictionary means:‘an extraordinary and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore attributed to a divine agency”
From this meaning we expect a miracle to come from some supernatural occurrence all the way through, without realising that God puts His supernatural on our small detail and out of it, comes a miracle.
Let’s look at some examples:
- The miracle of feeding the five thousand in Luke 9:10-17 came out of a small boys lunch of five loaves and two fish. How could that small detail feed 5000 men and woman and children. Easily, it was a miracle.
- The miracle of the Red Sea parting in Exodus 14 came out of Moses stretching out his hand. How could the small detail of an outstretched hand, part a sea. It was a miracle.
- The miracle of David killing Goliath in 1 Samuel 17 started with a teenage boy and a slingshot. How could a boy and a slingshot defeat a giant with a sword. It was a miracle.
- The miracle of the widows oil in 2 Kings 4 started with a jar of oil. How could one jar of oil fill all the empty bottles in the village. It was a miracle.
- The miracle of leprosy being healed in 2 Kings 5 started with dipping 7 times in the Jordan River. How could leprosy be healed by the Jordan river. Easily, it was a miracle.
Each of these miracle in the Bible and many more, started with small details. But what made them a miracle was not only Gods supernatural power but obedience by the person requiring the miracle. The little boys lunch had to be broke and handed out, David had to be willing to step out and fight, the widow had to gather jars and then start filling and Navman had to go and dip in the river.
What miracle is waiting for you today? What small detail do you have in your possession? Give it to God and step out in obedience. It is time for your miracle. Will you believe and do it? I believe you will.
Have an amazing week and keep living the life God intended for you.
2 thoughts on “Miracles are found in the detail”
Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and net and this is actually frustrating. A good site with exciting content, that is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web-site, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.
Thank you. I am glad you liked it. I don’t have a newsletter but generally post once a week.