Would you like to receive a present this Christmas that just keeps on giving? That would be nice wouldn’t it or maybe only in some cases. What about your favourite perfume or lipstick that never runs out? What about your favourite chocolate or maybe those golf balls that keep going missing? What is your favourite present that you would like an endless supply of? I can’t give you that and neither can your friends and family but that is precisely what we remember at Christmas – the gift that never runs out.
What is that? It is not a what but a Who. It tells us in the Bible in John 3:16 that God so loved us that He gave Jesus that we would not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus is our gift from God that just keeps giving. Christmas is the time we remember His birth and give gifts just like God gave us and the wise men gave to Jesus long ago. But the gift of Jesus gives to us all year round. Let’s look at some of those ways:
1. Jesus said that He would remove our burdens and yokes from us. He gave us the gift of lightness.
2. Jesus came to set us free. He gave us the gift of freedom.
3. Jesus came to die in our place so that our sins may be forgiven. He gave us the gift of forgiveness.
4. Jesus came to heal our sicknesses and diseases. He gave us the gift of health.
5. Jesus came to give us a new commandment of love not judgement. He gave us the gift of love.
6. Jesus came to give us a life more abundantly. He gave us the gift of prosperity over all areas of our life.
7. Jesus came to show us how to live in the will and purposes of God. He gave our lives meaning and purpose.
There is a lot more that can be written regarding Jesus – the gift that keeps on giving. But this holiday season, I want you to read the Bible to discover the magnificent gifts He has for you. Not for others for YOU!!! You are special to Jesus. It doesn’t matter what you have done or what you think you should have done, but didn’t, Jesus came to give you the gift of eternal life. God is your passport to heaven but Jesus is your visa and you need to believe in both.
As you open your gifts this Christmas, remember the greatest gift Jesus and take some time thanking Him for His gift to you.
Bless you heaps and have a great Christmas. Don’t forget to keep living the life God intended for you!!!